Want to resemble Marilyn Monroe? Luckily, it’s not too difficult. Needless to say having blonde hair, unbeatable charisma and a perfect figure all help, but for now let’s just focus on the make up. Here’s a simple step by step guide on how to look like the iconic fifties film-siren.
1. Eyes & Brows
- Begin by dabbing Estee Lauder’s Sugar Cube Pure Colour Eyeshadow all over the eyelids for a clean, white base.
- Add sparkle to your eyes with a light smattering of Benefit Show Offs Miss Moon Shimmer Powder over the eyelids.
- To recreate Marilyn’s seductive gaze, eyeliner is key. Benefit’s Babe Cake eye lining kit is great for drawing a distinctive line (all you’ll need is one smooth stroke.)
- Starting from the inner corner of the eyelid, draw along the upper eyeline, pass the outer corner and end with a feline, almost triangular flick.
- Apply a minimal amount of eyeliner to the lower eyelid.
- Add lashings of Maybelline’s The Falsies Mascara for extra allure.
- Keep brows bold, dark and arched with Benefit Brow Zings brow shaping kit.
- When it comes to achieving that Hollywood smile, think statement, scarlet and sexy.
- Begin by applying Shiseido smoothing lip pencil to the lip line for definition.
- For the ultimate lavish pout, compliment the lip pencil with Shiseido perfect rouge lipstick.
- Finally, top up with Natures Little Helpers Natural Honey + Beeswax Lip Balm for a glossy finish.
3. Finishing touches
- False eyelashes are optional. However, if you do decide to wear them, here’s a tip from Marilyn makeover model Aoife McIvor:
“False eyelashes are often stiff when you first purchase them. To make them more flexible and easier to apply, twist the base of the lashes around an eyeliner pencil (or any other thin tube-shaped object you have!) Trim the base of the eyelashes to suit the width of your eyelid.
Then, put some eyelash glue on a cotton bud. Using the cotton bud, gently pat the base of the eyelashes to the eyelid. Once the lashes are in place, dab more glue along the upper lash line to ensure extra hold. Remember, put false eyelashes on AFTER doing all your make up!”
- For a pinch of colour, powder a little bit of Fake Bake Beyond Bronze bronzer onto the cheekbones.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to draw on Marilyn’s infamous beauty spot with a well-sharpened black eyeliner pencil.
Thank you Aoife for being the best Marilyn possible x